What an Egg Sandwich Reminded Me About Japan
I had an egg sandwich for lunch today.
When I saw it at a nearby convenience store, I remembered a story about a reporter during the World Baseball Classic (WBC) who praised Japanese convenience-store egg sandwiches.
To me, it was just an ordinary egg sandwich. But today, it gave me mixed feelings.
I sometimes feel that Japanese people have lost confidence in the value of what we have. Since starting my used machinery business, however, I have been surprised by how strong the “Made in Japan” brand still is around the world.
What seems ordinary to us may be something special to people in other countries. That is one reason I want to introduce Japanese products to the world.
At the same time, I have learned how difficult international business can be. Japan’s regulations and procedures are often very strict.
For the past few months, I have worked very hard to prepare for our visitors from Cameroon. I wanted them to see Japanese machines, enjoy Japanese food, and experience Japan.
But now, after all these preparations, I am not even sure if they will be able to come to Japan.
I wanted to make their visit something special. Thinking that it might not happen made me very sad.
Today, that ordinary egg sandwich reminded me of all these things — the value of Japan, the difficulties of doing business, and how much I had hoped to welcome them here.
English edited and translated with ChatGPT
Your Trusted Sourcing Partner in Japan
https://www.japan-trading.net/
Honest Trade. Real Machines. Peace Through Trade.
Become Our Global Sales Partner
No investment. No inventory. Commission-based.
Just connect buyers with us. We handle the rest.
👉 See more details:
Global Partner Program


%20.png)
Comments
Post a Comment